SELLER USER GUIDES
FutbolMarkt is a place for anyone who loves sports and football and wants to bring the best products to the community. We believe that everyone needs access to high-quality football gear and memorabilia, whether for their daily fitness activities or for simply supporting the beautiful game. If you are reading this page now it means you share our aspirations and have already given some though to becoming a seller on our platform.
- The FutbolMarkt Team
The very first thing to do to become a seller on FutbolMarkt is to create a seller's account. You may already have done so, but let's recap this step very quickly. From the homepage (or any page for that matter) hit "Sell With Us" link, scroll down the page and click "Create Seller Account" button. You will see the following screen.
Click "Join Now" button.
Fill in the required information. Please note that the name you provide in this step will be used to brand you virtual store on FutbolMarkt. The "Referral Code" field is optional - use it if you have been provided the FutbolMarkt Referral Code by a friend or a colleague.
Hit "Create My Account". Congratulations, you have created your FutbolMarkt seller account! Lets look how it all works.
After creating your seller account you will be taken to the Seller Dashboard that looks (only at first) quite overwhelming. After you've posted a few products and made a couple of sales it will present you with various statistics for you store. But right now the very first thing for you to do is to update your user profile and configure your storefront.
Navigate to My Profile > My Account menu to see account details. Pay particular attention to the following fields below.
- SELLER NAME: this is your name that will be used in all communications between you, your buyers and the platform
- SELLER SHOP NAME: this is the name of your virtual store. This is how your store will be identified on the platform and to your customers.
- STORE ADDRESS: typically this is the location from where you'd ship your sold items. You can enter your home or business address or you can leave it blank.
- CITY and COUNTRY: you home city and country from where products will be shipped. Please provide correct information so that your customers know where items are being shipped from. Based on the country you specify you may also need to provide your state, province, prefecture, etc.
- SHORT and DETAILED STORE DESCRIPTION: here you can provide some info about your virtual store. Typically if you want to sell just a few football items from time to time it will be sufficient to give only a short description, something like "Selling my well-loved football items". However, if you have bigger plans for the future, please provide more detailed information for your potential buyers.
- DELIVERY DAYS: specify how quickly you will ship your items following placement of the order. We encourage our sellers to ship within 3-5 days.
- DELIVERY METHOD NAME: specify of you have preferred method of shipment (ex. Royal Mail, Canada Post, etc.).
- DELIVERY TIME: indicate how quickly you expect buyer to receive your items. Use approximate ranges like "5-15 days".
- OTHER POLICY: use this field to provide any further details about your shipping policies.
- RETURN DAYS: indicate how many days the buyer has to make a return, if you shop policy allows for it.
- REFUND DAYS: specify how quickly you will issue a refund on any returned item, if applicable.
- OTHER POLICY: provide any further details about your return and refund policies.
Make sure to hit "Save" button before you do any further customisation of your store by uploading your Store Banner image, Seller Profile image and Seller Shop logo. You can preview your storefront by clicking "Buyer Site" button at the top of the page.
Next step is to specify payment details so that you can receive money for the items you sell on the platform. Go to My Profile > Payment Details menu at the top of the Dashboard. From the drop-down menu you can configure two payment processing options:
- PayPal: This is the preferred and the most secure method. All you need to do is to provide an email address linked with your PayPal account. The money will be transferred to that PayPal account once the sale-purchase transaction is completed and according to our Terms of Service.
- Internet Banking: you can provide your banking information in the predefined format and the money will be transferred to your bank card (please consult with your bank on applicable fees or any restrictions.
Before you can start listing products for sale you will need to set up shipping zones and costs. To do so, navigate to General Configuration > Shipping Configuration menu. At first your setup will look like the screenshot below.
Here you can select PAID SHIPPING and FREE SHIPPING options for your store. If you do not select one of the options here, it will not be available in your store when you start configuring your products for sale. Free shipping option requires no setup, so let's instead concentrate on the paid shipping configuration. Check the box next to the PAID SHIPPING menu and hit "Save Changes" button. Your screen will change to include new shipping method and a new button to configure it.
After saving changes from in the previous step. the screen will change, showing that Paid Shipping option is now available. Our exiting configuration allows the user to define varying shipping costs that depend either on the weight of the price of the product sold. To do so you will need to define shipping ranges first. Click the Range Details button,
You will now be taken to the shipping range details page. After clicking "Add a range" you will be presented with an option to configure your shipping ranges based on product price or product weight as shown below. For demonstration purposes, let's assume that you will be configuring your ranges based on the price of the product. Configuration of product weight ranges follows similar procedure.
For your store shipping to work properly, it is sufficient to define only one shipping range - you can simply offer flat shipping rate by specifying a wide shipping range that would cover all products in your store. Alternatively, you can offer several different shipping cost tiers by adding several price ranges. Once you're satisfied with your settings hit "Save" button. To add more price ranges hit the "Add New Range" button.
To complete shipping setup for you store once again navigate to General Configuration > Shipping Configuration menu. After adding your paid shipping option and hipping ranges it will look like the screenshot below. Click the three dots under Action heading and select View option from the drop-down menu.
A new screen will appear.
After clicking "Add a country" link you will be taken to country-specific shipping configuration. From the "Select Country" drop-down menu select United Kingdom and you will be presented with the following screen. Note, that for shipping purposes United Kingdom is considered a single entity, so you will see only "All over country" option for destinations. On the right side of the screen you will see shipping ranges that were defined in the previous step. In the text field enter the shipping cost that you will charge your customers. Make sure that Status flag is green, meaning that shipping to that particular destination is enabled.
Once you're satisfied with your settings hit "Save" button.
Your store shipping is now configured. Although FutbolMarkt's main operation is in the United Kingdom, you are free to include more destinations where you're willing to send you products. Simply hit "Add Country" button to add more destinations.
In this section we will cover all aspects of adding products to your virtual store and preparing them for sale. Please pay close attention to our recommendations regarding product collections, descriptions and tags as these elements will play the biggest role in the visibility of your product.
Adding New Product
To add your first product from the Dashboard navigate to Product Management > Add New Product menu. From here you will be taken to the product configuration screen.
Note: you need to fill out all the product info and hit "Save" button before uploading any photos, otherwise your freshly-entered information will be lost.
At the top of the form you will provide basic information about your product:
- PRODUCT TYPE : most of the time you will specify a "Normal product", although you can specify "Make an Offer Product" if you want to give buyers an option to give their best price offer.
- PRODUCT NAME: that's where you will give your product a title. Be as descriptive (but as concise) as possible. Don't just write "Nike boots", specify their model, colour and possibly size.
- PRODUCT GENRE: here you have to choose between five categories allowed by FutbolMarkt platform: Footwear, Apparel, Jerseys, Equipment and Memorabilia. Since you can choose only one category, think where you product fits best.
- DESCRIPTION: this is key to selling you product. Make sure to provide the best and most accurate description possible, including product's condition, properties, etc. You can also mention any product-specific return/exchange policies or shipping information. Make sure that you give accurate description that respects product listing requirements outlined in our Terms of Service.
Once you have provided the basic product info, you will need assign your product to a specific collection, give it some key words for web search engines and specify shipping details.
First, assign you product to an appropriate collection. For instance if in the PRODUCT GENRE filed you have specified "Footwear" then you'd select Footwear as a parent category from the list on the left in the above screenshot. You will also need to select one of the child category such as "Soft Ground Cleats". It is possible to assign product to more than one major collection category (and its dependency), however, we don't recommend using more than 2 categories. You can scroll down through the list to see which category is most suitable for your product.
Following that you can start filling out the rest of the information in the screenshot above.
- ANY RELEVANT TAGS: make sure to add a few tags so that you product is properly recognised by various search engines such as Google. You can specify product brand, model, colour, gender/age suitability. FutbolMarkt Recommendation: for improved search engine optimisation (SEO) please include your selected collections in as product tags. If for instance, you had specified "Footwear" and "Soft Ground Cleats" as your product collections, do include these as you product tags.
- WEIGHT: specify the weight of the product for shipping purposes. The value to be given in pounds. For your convenience: 1lb is approximately 450g.
- REQUIRES SHIPPING: make sure to check this box, otherwise your customers will not be able to complete purchase transaction.
Next, move on to specifying the quantities of product you have in stock. Some of these setting will apply to bulk merchants only.
- SKU: Specify SKU for you product here. Bulk merchants only.
- BARCODE: specify product 12 digit UPC barcode here. Bulk merchants only.
- SET STOCK QUANTITY: From the drop-down menu select "Limited Quantity (Specify)" option in order to show correct stock numbers in your virtual store. If you do not select this option, your customers will not know when a particular item has been sold out. This may lead to a situation when a customer would make an order for an item that was already sold.
- QUANTITY: indicate how many sets of a particular product you have. This field is especially important when you're selling just one used item of your own. Please be aware that FutbolMarkt will not be held responsible for any misrepresentation or issuance of refunds for products out of stock. Make sure your product listing complies with your Terms of Service.
- ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT WHEN IT'S OUT OF STOCK: indicate if such an option is available (for pre-orders, for instance). Please be aware that FutbolMarkt will not be held responsible for any misrepresentation or issuance of refunds for products out of stock. Make sure your product listing complies with your Terms of Service.
Bulk merchants have an option of adding several variants of the same product (such as different shoe sizes, apparel sizes or colors).
From the drop-down menu you will be able to select pre-defined variant categories. Once selected, you will need to assign option values. For instance if you select Colour category, you will be able to assign several different colours to it, depending on your products. After choosing this option your virtual store will show that you have your product available in several different colours. You can have more than one variant of a product.
Finally, you need to specify a few additional details to complete classification of your product. In the ADDITIONAL DETAILS section you are presented with a number of drop-down menus for that purpose. Only those marked with asterisk are mandatory.
- Condition: Used or New. Product can be specified as new only if it has never been used or worn. Otherwise you will need to declare it as used.
- Brand: we have created a list of most popular brands. If you don't see a particular brand select "Other"
- Suitable for: select which category your product belongs too.
There are few other fields that you can specify for your particular product. When you're satisfied with product description hit "Save" button at the bottom of the form. After getting the confirmation that your information has been saved you can add images at the top of the page. Hit button "Save" again after uploading all the images.
Please remember that it's your responsibility to provide accurate and truthful description of your items. Please be aware that FutbolMarkt will not be held responsible for any misrepresentation. Make sure your product listing complies with your Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any product that, in our view, doesn't comply with the purpose of this site.
One of the easiest ways to sell your product is to ensure that all product photos are on point. If your photos are fully representative of your item then your buyer will have more confidence, fewer questions and will be more likely to buy that item.
Good product photography is surprisingly easy. First, ensure that you photograph all sides and aspects of your item. If there are any tears or defects, ensure that these are also well-photographed. A good pro tip is to take a photo of the sizing label to ensure that buyers fully understand what they are buying.
When setting up your photo, try to frame the product in the center of the image. The background should be contrasting to your product and most importantly try to avoid patterned backdrops that will take away from your product.
Position your product like you see in the above images, show all angles and include any elements that will come with the product (such as the box, carrying pouch, etc). While the middle photo has most of the required elements, it is very poor quality: blurry, fuzzy and poor lightning photos are not recommended.
Last, but not least: when making photographs of your products make sure that the final image that is being uploaded to FutbolMarkt site is a square in format, just like our sample images above. This will insure that your own images are fully optimised for website use. If you're using iOS or Android phone to take photos, then the format of the photograph can be set during the image capture, otherwise you can crop you images in post-processing.
Good photos will ensure more sales, and who doesn't want to make a sale?
More information to come soon...
Last Updated: April 29, 2019
Back to Top